CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

As I reflect on this past week I am reminded that everything I/we have is a gift - even my very life. There is a raging battle between my God and all the evil in the world, including all the sin of the entire human race. But God will bring good out of it all. He is in control and I must trust Him with all my being.
As with any journey, we often run into bumpy areas. This past week has been one of those bumpy times. Our church family lost a beautiful young woman, Melinda Evans. Although only 32 years of age, she was wise beyond her years. We, as a family are mourning our loss and learning from her example. Melinda loved life, God, her children, her husband, her family and her friends. She has passed the gauntlet to each of us. We must now live as she lived, dedicated to God, and one another.


Again, I seek your prayers. I am so thankful to know many are praying for Melinda's family and for this church family. What a blessing we have in sharing our grief.

1 comments:

Pam said...

Melinda leaves quite a legacy behind. I know the people of Alameda will pick up the torch and shine bright through all of this. It is sad to not be able to see her beautiful smile and watch her amazing example of sactifice, but I know God will bless us and lead us through this thanks to our leaders like you. Love you, Odra!