CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 27, 2007

I can't stand it any longer! I must talk about the three joys of my life! As you can probably guess, I am about to "expound" on the joys of grandparenthood! I want you to meet my munchkins. At the far left is Tyler (6), in the middle is Taryn (3) and at the near right is Kathryn (2).

The first of August hosted the first ever Camp OMa and I must say, "O my". We built a large tent in the den and began camp with a night of flashlights and glow-in-the-dark stars. I must tell you that this is the first time all three munchkins have spent the night together and it was a hoot! I really can't wait for the day when spooky stories begin. Anyway, the night went quite well considering all circumstances.

The next day began early with everyone helping make waffle sticks. We then made a craft or two, did a little swimming and took a trip to the Natural History Museum. We finished the day with a trip to McDonalds and ice cream. Everyone was tired so the flashlights didn't create as many monsters as they had the previous night.

Our final day was spent lounging around, watching movies and grilling hotdogs outside. Of course, we had to play in the water one more time. All in all it was a lot of fun and I hope special memories were made that will last for years to come. I am, however, very glad it was just two nights. I guess that's how grandmas are -huh-.

My prayer is that you are building similar memories with your kids and grandkids. Our memories help us when we least expect it. So try a little harder to do something or go somewhere that will build a lasting memory for you and your family. Blessings

1 comments:

Michelle said...

Can I come to camp OMa next year? It sounds so fun!